Saturday, May 23, 2009

emotions

Lately I have been in touch with mine. I've reached the point where I am ready to rawly place my feelings on display for all to see. I used to think of emotion in a negative sense; thinking that the display of emotion was a sign of weakness. Now I have reached point in which hiding my emotions is both impossible and unnecessary. I'm officially opening myself up to vulnerability because although it may be uncomfortable, I know it will be well worth it in the end. My constant repression of emotions to paint myself as perfect on the outside is something that I no longer want to practice. People always say you can't control the way you feel so no longer will I waste time trying to be in control. I'll "play tough as nails with my heart on my sleeve" from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment