Tuesday, October 27, 2009

i find no peace


I find no peace, and all my war is done.
I fear and hope, I burn and freeze like ice, 
I fly above the wind, yet can I not arise,
And naught I have, and all the world I sieze on.
That looseth nor locketh holdeth me in prison,
ANd holdeth me not, yet I 'scape newise;
Nor letteth me live nor die at my devise, 
And yet of death it giveth me occasion. 
Without eyen I see, and without tongue I plain;
I desire to parish, and yet I ask health;
I love another, and thus I hate myself; 
I feed me in sorrow; and laugh in all my pain. 
Likewise displeaseth me both death and life,
And my delight is cause of this strife.
-Sir Thomas Wyatt the Elder

broke it down and now i appreciate it. poetry is a beautiful thing once you understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment